
My brother has a blog site as well, and, since he's blogging again, I felt the need to get back in the game, too. I've been meaning to write, but just haven't made time to do so. Having said that, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I had written...my, my, my! So, for this one, I'll try to catch you up on my life. A lot has happened since 2008! Wow! It really has been a long time! This past May, Vicki and I moved back to Tennessee. After much prayer and soul searching, we truly felt this was the place to be. We prayed that if moving to Tennessee was God's will, we would find jobs and a home within 3 weeks. We prayed that everything would fall into place if it was God's will. Within a week, I found a wonderful job, and within 3 weeks, Vicki had her job and a place to live. I am working at Smoky Mountain Babies in Gatlinburg for two of the greatest bosses in the world! And I sincerely mean that! I have been so blessed. Vicki found a job for the Gatehouse Condominiums in Gatlinburg as property manager...with this job comes a furnished condo as well as a salary. She has an incredible boss as well and we're both so happy to be back "home". I don't feel guilty in saying that Tennessee is definitely HOME to us. How can anyone ever take a drive around this area and not feel God's presence?!
Since my last blog, I have been blessed with 2 additional grandchildren!!!!! Kim had her second boy in July...Noah Daniel.....so Kyle is a big brother. Kyle and Noah have the greatest mom on the planet. I'm so proud of the woman that Kim has become.
My youngest daughter, Kasey, had her first child in October...Emma Eileen!!! So, I have 2 beautiful grandsons and a beautiful granddaughter! We were blessed to have Kasey and Emma with us here in Gatlinburg for about a month around the holidays, and that was a blessing!
The only downside to all of this is that I don't get to see the kids as much as I want to due to my work schedule and such, but I'm hoping that I can change that in this new year by figuring out ways to get up there more often.
I'm still truly blessed with all that God has given me, and I feel as if for the first time in my life, I'm finally settled and I'm finally doing exactly what God has planned for me. Vicki and I have big plans for the next year, for which I will share in the months to come, but the future looks great!
Until next time.....

No comments:
Post a Comment