Thursday, April 24, 2008

Today was a good day!

For the first time in a long time, I feel better than I have in a very long time. I suffer from depression. I'm not ashamed to say that. I used to be. Not anymore. Anyway, for several months, I have had a routine. I go to work. I come home. I walk my dog either at the park or on a trail behind my house. During work and during the walk with my dog, all I have been able to think about is getting back home, locking the door, laying down and sleeping for as long as I can. That's my day......every day. I've been working very hard to get over this, but it is easier said than done. I can tell myself that I want to feel differently....that I want to quit stressing over the small stuff.....and I can even say out loud that I'm tired of feeling this way and I refuse to give in to this evil demon! It's like being under water, and you can see the surface, but there's like a weight on your ankle, pulling you down every time you try to swim to the top. But, today was different. I went to work as usual, and even though it was a very hectic, hard day, I had a good day! And when I got off work, I called my oldest daughter and went out to see her and my grandson. I had a very good visit with her and on a side note...my grandson is so very close to walking on his own....it's just a matter of days. It was warm here today, and he had on shorts and a cute little shirt and barefoot! He has the most adorable little feet and the shorts were just too cute! There I go again, talking about Kyle. Oh well, it's a good diversion. To get back to the story....I came home, walked Peanut, and when I came back inside.....I stayed up! I made a very delicious meatloaf, puttered around on the computer, cleaned the kitchen, and went outside again with Peanut and didn't take a nap! This may not sound like a big deal to many of you, but for me it is a major milestone! Perhaps I have finally turned the corner! I really hope so. It is now 11:00 p.m. and I'm still not tired! That's a good thing for me. Anyway, today was a good day!

Until next time........

No comments: