
OK..........anyone who knows me knows that I don't like change. It takes me a long time to adjust to new settings or new environments. Having said that, it onl stands to reason that the move from Tennessee to Ohio has been a BIG adjustment for me. I absolutely LOVED Tennessee, and I miss it every day...but if I sit down to count my blessings, then my move back to Ohio becomes less stressful. So, here are some of the blessings since moving back to Ohio.....
1. Living in the same town as my oldest daughter.
2. Watching my grandson, Kyle Matrthew grow up.
3. Being able to spend time with my daughter, Kim, doing simple things, such as going out for breakfast or going to garage sales to see what toys or clothes we can find for Kyle.
4. Watching Kyle develop each day---seeing him change and grow so quickly.
5. Watching Kyle and seeing how much he adores his mommy.
6. Having good jobs so that when the bills come in, they can get paid.
7. Having cheaper rent here than in Tennessee---MUCH cheaper so that we don't have to stress over paying it.
8. Having the money to pay for the van repairs.
9. Having money to buy groceries.
10. Meeting wonderful people who helped us get a fresh start when we moved to Ohio.
11. Hoping to be able to see my youngest daughter in Cincinnati more often once the van is safe to take on the highway!!! (the van has issues, but after all the repairs get done, it will be a NEW van!)
12. Having wonderful landlords---that's very tough to find.
13. Living with the love of my life who has supported me through all the good and bad for 9 years now, and I couldn't have done it without her.
We moved back here in January and it's hard to beieve that we've been here 4 months already! In that time, I've watched Kyle go from being an infant to looking like a toddler! Kyle gets cuter every day....what a heartbreaker he will be.
I look forward to being here for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Major milestones in Kyle's life.
So, do I miss living in Tennessee?? Every single day of my life!!! I miss the mountains, the hiking, friends, the WEATHER, etc. HOWEVER, when I start to feel homesick, I think about all the blessings that I have listed and things don't seem so bad after all!!
So, when things seem gloomy, count your blessings!!! It's a great attitude adjustment!
Until next time.....................

No comments:
Post a Comment