
I'm sitting here in my living room watching the American Idol finale. I must admit that I'm addicted to this show, and it provides me many hours of entertainment! And, the finale is always bittersweet because I know that I'm going to have to wait several months before the next one comes on. Tonight, however, one of the special guests was Donna Summer. When I was in high school, she was very popular, and my first true love, John, who I wrote about in an earlier blog, LOVED Donna Summer! I believe he owned every album (yes, back then they were called albums) that she created. Every dance we went to had Donna Summer music blaring over the speakers, including my Senior Prom, with the mirrored disco ball and all! Anyway, hearing Ms. Summer sing on American Idol tonight brought back a flood of memories from my junior and senior years in high school! Dancing to Donna Summer at high school dances, as well as dancing in John's living room and singing like we were rock stars with hairbrushes in our hands! Those were such good times! So, John, if you are up there listening......I sang one of your favorites in honor of you in MY living room, as my dog, Peanut sat with his head cocked as if I had lost my mind! I'll love you forever, my love!
Until next time...........

No comments:
Post a Comment